What do Microboard members do?
There is an endless list of possibilities. It is important that Microboard members find a role they enjoy and which is meaningful for them, like:
- Chair meetings or take minutes
- Share your knowledge and experience
- Come up with new ideas
- Share your knowledge of local resources
Find out more about the person and their community
- Spend time with the person – get to know them.
- Learn about the things they like (and dislike!)
- Get to know their support team
- Find out about the persons, community and things they might want to explore
Share their interests and skills
- Contribute to planning or organising
- Guide problem-solving and risk management
- Design new ways of doing things
- Practical, e.g. driving, cooking or fixing things
Some Microboard members just attend meetings with no specific role just being present can make a big difference to the well-being of the person and their family.